We are Jolla. We are #unlike. Are you soon one of us?
Android Runtime Technical Lead
We are currently looking for an Android Runtime Technical Lead to join our Jolla boat. This position is primarily based in our office in Finland in Tampere, but other locations can be considered based on the applicant.
In this role you will be evolving the Android Runtime found on Sailfish OS and interacting with the developers of it and the 3rd party developers utilizing it. Performing this role will require a good understanding of how Android applications function in practice along with how they interact with components within the Android architecture.
This is a permanent, full-time position and starts immediately once the selection process is completed.
You are the person we are looking for, if you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science with applicable experience
- have the following technical skills: Java, C/C++ (Qt), Shell scripting (bash), cross-compiling, Android, AOSP development
- have experience with the Android stack from both being a developer for it and of it, knowing the architecture of Android; preferably with experience modifying AOSP
- able to manage a quality product from technical angle while at same time rolling up your sleeves to debug and code when needed
- are a good communicator who pro-actively brings issues to closure
- have a good command of English language, other languages seen as an advantage
- have experience working with teams in other time zones than your own
- have good team working skills and can do –attitude
We offer you
- a unique opportunity to work in an international and dynamic start-up
- a chance to be part of Jolla’s growth
- multicultural, passionate and professional crew to work with
Please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark “Android Runtime Technical Lead” to the email subject field.
We are always looking for new talent
You can send an open application with your CV (in English) to email@example.com. We will get in touch if your profile matches future openings. We look forward to having you onboard!