Jolla is the developer of open mobile operating system Sailfish OS. Our company was born in Finland in 2011, with roots in Nokia and MeeGo. We believe in openness and independence in everything we do. We believe that the mobile OS landscape needs alternatives to current dominating operating systems, and our mission is to deliver on that belief.
Jolla (a dinghy in English) employees are called sailors! Being a sailor is not like any other job. We are a tight, focused and versatile group of mobile business experts working every day to make the world think differently about the opportunities of alternative mobile OS’s.
Our Jolla team has a huge global vision and agenda, which we aim to reach through our passion, professionalism, and creativity. We believe in keeping our organization flat, and every idea, every individual counts in our team.
Automotive Sales Manager, Europe/Remote
To support our growth, we are now looking for a driven and ambitious Automotive Sales Manager to join our Jolla boat! The main purpose for this position is to grow Jolla’s business, participate in creating the company’s strategy especially for the automotive sector, identify and acquire customers, and manage dedicated key accounts. By doing so, you will contribute to Jolla’s vision in offering our technologies to exciting new markets.
In this role you will…
- identify and analyze potential business partners and areas to drive and complement Jolla’s strategy and turn them into prospects
- be responsible for dedicated customer accounts and business partner management
- close deals for new customer projects
- identify and develop new business opportunities for Jolla’s AppSupport product
- model new business cases internally and together with our partners
- plan and implement required sales support activities related to active business and customer cases
- make sure we are visible in the right place at the right time e.g. events & conferences
- keep up with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
You are the person we are looking for if you…
- have 3-5 years of international business development / sales experience in the automotive sector, preferred experience in software sales and licensing
- have experience in turning BD activities to real sales, I,e, you have capability to close deals and follow them up
- have interest and understanding in software technologies
- have solid understanding of the automotive business landscape and business dynamics
- are able to travel internationally on a regular basis
- can establish and develop new business contacts
- are fluent in German & English, other languages are a benefit
- are driven and ambitious to get results
- have excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- have great communication and presentation skills
- have an entrepreneurial mindset
- have a ready established network and relevant contacts in the automotive sector and/or clear track-record of capability to quickly establish one
- have the ability to work independently with strong self-motivation
What do we offer you?
- A full-time position in a growing software technology company
- Opportunity to join a great international team with highly skilled and motivated colleagues
- Competitive compensation package
- Location: Europe/remote/negotiable + requires traveling
If we got your attention, please email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org latest on 15th of August. Write “Automotive Sales Manager” in the subject field.
We are contacting and interviewing candidates continuously, so do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. www.jolla.com.
Open application & graduates
We are interested in people with good knowledge in their area of expertise, understanding in other areas and willingness to continuously learn something new. Persons who share our vision to build great OS. Do you have what it takes to become a sailor? Please email an open application and your CV as a .pdf format to email@example.com. We will be in touch if your profile fits to our future openings.
Graduate trainees / thesis workers
We are always interested in to hear about talented engineering graduate trainees / thesis workers. Should you have suitable technical capabilities with a passion for Linux, please email your application and CV as a .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with a title “Engineering Graduate Trainee”. The position is based in our office in Tampere, Finland.