Jolla, the mobile company from Finland, is the developer of open mobile operating system Sailfish OS. Our company was born in 2011, with roots in Nokia and MeeGo. We believe in openness and independence in everything we do. We believe that the mobile OS landscape needs alternatives to current dominating operating systems, and our mission is to deliver on that belief.
Jolla (a dinghy in English) employees are called sailors! Being a sailor is not like any other job. We are a super tight, focused and versatile group of mobile business experts working every day to make the world think differently about the opportunities of alternative mobile OS’s.
Our compact Jolla team has a huge global vision and agenda, which we aim to reach through our passion, professionalism, and creativity. We believe in keeping our organization flat, and every idea, every individual counts in our team.
To support our growth, we are looking for a skilled and motivated Office Manager to join our Jolla boat! The main purpose for this position is to be a great support for the team and to take care of the functionality and atmosphere of our Tampere office, and by doing so, contribute to Jolla’s vision in offering the global alternative mobile operating system, Sailfish OS.
In this role you will…
- support the Jolla team in various daily tasks, e.g. travel & meeting arrangements
- ensure that of our Tampere office is functional and cozy and proactively provide and implement improvements
- be overall responsible of premises and office facilities
- act as the contact person to external parties such as partners, visitors, and vendors
- plan and organize company events when the situation again allows it
- help in administration of management team meetings
- support our CEO and other management team members in selected tasks
You are the person we are looking for if you
- are proactive to look after the company facilities and office services
- are a well-organized person with ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a dynamic, highly international environment
- have attention to detail, professional discretion, and the ability to take initiative
- have a positive attitude with a willingness to get involved
- are open-minded, efficient, and not afraid of routines
- have the skills for modern IT tools and social media
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in both Finnish and English
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar
- experience in a similar position with above mentioned tasks or most of them. Prior experience as a management assistant and/or office manager is required
- Full time position
- Location: Tampere, Finland
If we got your attention, please email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org latest on 24 November 2020. Write “Office Manager” in the subject field. Please note that we are contacting and interviewing candidates continuously, so do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found and your first day would be ideally in the beginning of December, but it is not set in stone. If you have questions about us or this position, please send them to email@example.com or check more info at www.jolla.com.
Open application & graduates
We are interested in people with good knowledge in their area of expertise, understanding in other areas and willingness to continuously learn something new. Persons who share our vision to build great OS. Do you have what it takes to become a sailor? Please email an open application and your CV as a .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch if your profile fits to our future openings.
Graduate trainees / thesis workers
We are always interested in to hear about talented engineering graduate trainees / thesis workers. Should you have suitable technical capabilities with a passion for Linux, please email your application and CV as a .pdf format to email@example.com with a title “Engineering Graduate Trainee”. The position is based in our office in Tampere, Finland.
To see our previous positions, please click here.