Jolla Warranty Policy
The Jolla One-Year Limited Warranty must be read subject to any statutory provisions that imply warranties or conditions into this Limited Warranty that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. If such statutory provisions apply, to the extent to which Jolla is able to do so, its liability under those provisions will be limited, at its option to, in the case of goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods
- the repair of the goods
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired
- in the case of services: the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
For more information about your rights as a consumer, please contact your local European Consumer Centre at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/contact_en.htm.
Jolla One-Year Limited Warranty
Jolla Ltd (“Jolla”) provides this Limited Warranty to the person (“end user”) who has purchased the Jolla product(s) included in the sales package (“Product”).
Jolla warrants to the end user that during the warranty period Jolla or a Jolla authorised service provider will, at its sole discretion and in a commercially reasonable time, remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship free of charge by repairing or replacing the Product in accordance with this Limited Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where the end user has purchased the Product, provided that it is intended for sale in that country.
This warranty extends to countries in the European Union, plus Norway and Switzerland.
The warranty period starts from the time of Product’s original purchase by the original end user. The Product may consist of several different elements and these elements may be covered by a different warranty period (hereinafter “Warranty Period”).
The different Warranty Periods conclude:
- Twelve (12) months from the date of purchase by the original end user for the included hardware product and accessories (whether included in the hardware product sales package or sold separately) other than the consumable parts and accessories listed in (2) and (3) below;
- Six (6) months from the date of purchase by the original end user for the following consumable parts and accessories: batteries, chargers, cables and covers; and
- Ninety (90) days from the date of purchase by the original end user for media on which any software is provided, e.g. CD-ROM, memory card.
As far as national laws permit, the Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, repair or replacement of the Product. However, repaired part(s) will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for sixty (60) days from the date of repair, whichever is longer.
Claiming warranty service
The end user must have proof of purchase to access Jolla warranty service. For instructions on how to obtain warranty service, please visit Jolla.com/support for detailed return instructions.
The Product or the affected element (if it is not the entire Product) must be returned to a designated Jolla collection point before expiry of the Warranty Period (see above). When making a Limited Warranty claim, please present:
- the Product (or affected element thereto)
- the legible and unmodified original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the IMEI or other serial number.
Jolla does not accept responsibility for any delays in warranty repairs or for the inability of Jolla to complete warranty repairs that are caused by the operator’s delay or failure to unlock any SIM-lock or other lock.
Please remember to make back-up copies or keep written records of all important content and data stored in your Product, because content and data may be lost during repair or replacement of the Product.
Jolla, in a manner consistent with the provisions of the section entitled “Limitation of Jolla’s Liability” below, to the extent permitted by applicable law(s), shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any damages or losses of any kind whatsoever resulting from loss of, damage to, or corruption of, content or data during repair or replacement of the Product.
All parts of the Product or other equipment that Jolla has replaced shall become the property of Jolla. If the returned Product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of the Limited Warranty, Jolla and its authorised service provider(s) reserve the right to charge a handling fee. When repairing or replacing the Product, Jolla may use products or parts that are new, like new or refurbished.
What is not covered?
This Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included/downloaded in the Product, whether included during installation, assembly, shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by the original end-user.
To the extent permitted by applicable law(s), Jolla does not warrant that any Jolla software will meet specific end-user requirements, will work in combination with any hardware or software applications provided by a third party, that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects in the software are correctable or will be corrected.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear of camera lenses, batteries, back covers or displays).
- Transportation costs for out of warranty repair service
- Defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, compressing, dropping, etc.)
- Defects or damage caused by misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the instructions provided by Jolla (e.g., as set out in the Product’s user guide) and/or
- Defects or alleged defects resulting from the Product being used with, or connected to, a product, accessories, software and/or service not manufactured, supplied or authorised by Jolla or being used otherwise than for its intended use. Defects may be caused by viruses from an end-user’s or from a third party’s unauthorised access to services, other accounts, computer systems or networks. This unauthorised access can take place through hacking, password-mining or through a variety of other means.
- Defects resulting from the battery being short-circuited or the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells being broken or showing evidence of tampering or resulting from the battery having been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
- Defects caused by the operation, availability, coverage, services or range of the cellular or other network or system.
- Other acts beyond the reasonable control of Jolla.
This Limited Warranty is void if the Product has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than a Jolla authorised service provider, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Product´s serial number, the mobile accessory date code or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or made illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of Jolla.
This Limited Warranty does not apply if the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
Your Product may contain country specific elements, including software. If the Product has been re-exported from its original destination country to another country, the Product may contain country specific elements that are not considered to be a defect under this Limited Warranty.
Limitation of Jolla’s liability
This Limited Warranty is the sole and exclusive remedy against Jolla. And, it is Jolla’s sole and exclusive liability in respect to defects in the Product. However, this Limited Warranty shall neither exclude nor limit any legal (statutory) rights under the applicable national laws.
This Limited Warranty replaces all other Jolla warranties and liabilities, whether oral, written, (non-mandatory) statutory, contractual, in tort or otherwise, including, without limitation, and where permitted by applicable law, any implied conditions, warranties or other terms as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose. To the extent permitted by applicable law(s) Jolla is not liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, and expressly disclaims all liability for:
- Any loss of profit, loss of income, loss of business, loss of revenue or loss of goodwill;
- Any loss or corruption of or damage to data; or
- Any loss or damage which was not a reasonably foreseeable result of either our breach of a contract or our breach of our legal duty of care. Loss or damage is “reasonably foreseeable” if, at the time that we and you entered into a contract, such loss was either contemplated by us and you or you notified us that the loss may occur if we breached the contract or our legal duty of care.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Jolla´s liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product. The above limitations shall not apply to death or personal injury resulting from Jolla´s proven negligence.
00100 Helsinki, FINLAND